Wednesday, November 10, 2010



Question by Dale B: How is medical marijuana working out in the states that have legalized it?

I\'m doing a speech for school about medical marijuana. I know it\'s legal in several states. What I don\'t know is how well these programs are working out. I\'m hoping to find the most successful examples of medical marijuana use. My goal is to find the best way to implement such a program in my state, Arkansas, where it is illegal to use marijuana for any reason. I\'d like to hear about problems that have come up and what was done to correct them. I am a member of a group of 5 people doing the speech, which is pro legalization of medical marijuana. My portion is \'visualization\', where I must speak for about 5 minutes about what it would be like if medical marijuana use were legalized in Arkansas.




Best answer:

Answer by Susan M
It is illegal under federal laws. Federal laws supersede state and local laws in such matters.
In San Francisco the federal authorities have done raids on the med. marijuana clubs.

Have you looked at Montel Williams site? He has MS and is vocal about the use of marijuana to help its symptoms.
http://www.montelms.org/TakingAction

Have you looked at the Herbal PDR for known uses of marijuana? It helps with nausea from
chemotherapy and spasms and pain in MS.

If it were legal, a doctor could write a prescription for it. Who would grow it? That\'s still illegal. Transporting it is still illegal under federal law.





Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment